OFFICE LACTATION SERVICES OFFERED
Jennifer de Franco, RN/IBCLC does see Mothers/Babes out of her home for anyone who desires it.
(Nursing on a couch, rocker, and bed is available)
Call for more information or to schedule an Appointment: 703-822-1690
Private Prenatal Breastfeeding Class
Supple Cup Fitting(Flat/Inverted Nipple Correction)
Lactation Consultation for Breastfeeding Problems
$165 - Initial Consult
$115 - Follow Up Consult
Monday-Friday: By Appointment Only 8:30am-2:30pm
Aetna Insurance is Accepted, Innovation Health by Aetna is not accepted at this time.
All other Insurances, payment is expected at time of appointment.
Cost of Supplies is not covered by Insurance.
If we do not accept your insurance PLS will provide all of the neccesary documentation for you to submit a claim to your own insurance company.
A typical 2 Hour Office consult:
- Please complete the PLS Aetna Insurance Registration Form when making your appointment
- Arrival at NOVA Natural Birth Center
- Please have PLS Breastfeeding Questionaire, 24 Hour Feeding Log(if possible), andPostpartum/Milk Production Evaluation Form(if mother is having low milk supply) completed prior to arrival.
- Review Breastfeeding Questionaire/Consent/Insurance.
- Assessment of Breast/Nipple with IBCLC
- Assessment of Infants' Mouth/Suck with IBCLC
- Weigh Infant naked, Weigh Pre-Feed
- Observe Feeding at Breast, Troubleshoot, Nurse in Multiple Positions
- Weigh Post-Feed(calculate milk transfer)
- Breast Pump Assessment(if needed)
- Departure, review "game plan" for successful nursing
- Follow up weekly via email/phone support until successful breastfeeding established(typically 2-9weeks-no charge!).
Please remember to bring all breastfeeding tools(nipple shield, SNS, pump, extra breastmilk/formula, bottle/nipple, Breastfriend or Boppy) and lots of questions!